We went to the Pike County Fair tonight. Last year we had so much fun with Campbell and we’ve been telling (and bribing) her that the fair was in town so we had to go. We, meaning even Sara Gray. Yep, I strapped on the Baby Bjorn and made sure she was covered head to toe and away we went. Papa even met us there so he could see Campbell on the rides and get his corn dog.
While yes, its a carnival with all the atmosphere that is to be expected, there is something so fun about the kids getting so hot and dirty and just plain excited with all the rides and lights. We saw lots of people that I haven’t seen in awhile and Campbell got really excited to see some of her friends. Several people mentioned that they were keeping up with us and seeing pics of Sara Gray through the blog. So to my blog readers out there-thanks! While I do this for our family memories, it encourages me to take pics and write often when I know people out there look forward to reading. (hint: I love comments too!!)
Sara Gray was really good and easy. She slept for a bit but was mostly transfixed at all the lights. I told some people that I would have NEVER taken Campbell to the fair when she was so young but with the second one you just gotta strap ‘em on go with the flow.
If you have a fair in your area, you should grab your family and go. There is definitely an old-fashioned, family fun & fall season feel to it all! (Just bring the Purell!)
So…here’s our pics from our night at the fair. Sara Gray and I didn’t get any photos since I was the one with the camera and she was stuck to me all night.
The Bumper Boats—her first pick
the Dragon rollercoaster-she was terrified but wanted more!
Another flying animal ride. She picked “dumbo”-just like disney. This little boy that she didn’t know climbed in the passenger seat behind her and talked to her the whole time. Matt wasn’t so sure if he liked that!
On the kiddie swings-she was totally bored. When she saw the big swings that is what she wanted to ride. No, we didn’t let her. Nor did we let her get on any of the other big rides that she begged for (Ring of Fire, Screamer, Himalaya, etc.) Such the little thrill seeker!
Riding the Jalopy Junction. She met a new friend, her co-captain, Emily.
Then it was time for Papa to ride something with her. The Midway Super Slide—the highest ride there! Papa said “Come on, girl!” He grabbed their burlap sack and climbed to the very top. She got so tired of climbing stairs he had to carry her.
She loved riding the big slide with her Papa. Before they had even come to a stop she told she wanted to ride again!! I think we wore him out!
Spinning in the Berry Go Round with her Daddy.
She loved getting to spin the wheel, just like the tea cups at Disney.
Campbell with Dad in the Fun House! She made it through pretty fast but not before running into herself in the mirror maze room.



No comments:
Post a Comment