October 4, 2009

Bloggin’ about Poopin’

OK-so tonight I was downloading pics and working on updating my blog. I know, its been awhile people but its not because I don’t have anything to share—the problem is I have too much to catch up on!! Between me going back to work, getting ready and then participating in 2 wedding weekends and just keeping up with the kids. I promise, its coming! 

ANYWAY—as I was working on the computer and going back & forth with Campbell in the bathroom, she said the funniest thing.  Matt was on the back deck watching football (and Sara Gray) and I told him what happened so we had a good laugh. Then he said…”you should put that on your blog.”  And I said “I know, I should so we can remember it but my friends don’t care to hear about poop.”  But THEN I saw that 2 of my bloggin friends have recent posts regarding potty training!  So, I figure HEY-we’re all in this together (at least those of us with 2 & 3-yr olds) so we might as well laugh together too. 

SO here goes…

*WARNING: if you don’t want to read about poop or could care less about the adventures of a toddler going to the bathroom just disregard and wait patiently for the next blog! I understand people-only a year or two ago I could have cared less and even more would have made fun of you.*

When we were at the lake for Labor Day, Campbell was really trying to go poo in the potty. She is trained so she knows when she needs to go.  But poop takes patience and we don’t have a lot of that.  So she would get on the potty for awhile and then get bored and go play. Then come back an hour or so later and try again.  This went on all afternoon into the night. After purchasing a book about a Potty Party (I was desperate folks!) I have tried to be more casual, positive and upbeat about the whole potty thing and not be so harsh or make the whole bathroom thing anymore frustrating for her.

So, after I noticed she was on her 3rd or 4th attempt to go poop,  I popped my head in the bathroom door and the following convo takes place:

me:  You trying to go poo-poo?

c nods her head affirmative.

me:  Well, is anything coming out?

c: No, not right now.

me: Well, just keep trying baby. That poo-poo will come out.

c: Not right now.  I think my poo-poo is sleeping right now.

I totally laughed out loud for a long time-I think that was the most hilarious thing she has ever said! And she was so serious about it. So fast forward to tonight.

Campbell is taking a bath and tells me her tummy hurts.  So I get her out of the tub and put her on the pot. I read books and she sorta tries but then loses interest and gets back in the tub. Awhile passes and I hear her get out of the tub and get on the potty herself.  So I go in and check on her… Here’s Act 2:

me:  Does that poo-poo wanna come out?

c: No, i don’t think so.

me: Well, do you think its asleep? Let me talk to it and wake it up. Poo-poo…wake up, its time to come out! I think I hear something Campbell. I think its awake. Do you think it will come out now?

c: Um, the poop-poo is awake but I think its watching poo-poo TV.

 

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

3 comments:

The Pughs said...

I am dying laughing right now. They say the funniest things. Keep it up! Saw Sara Grey at church last week. She is beautiful Stephanie.

Shaunna said...

Perfect! Just what I needed today...you notice I'm not shy about blogging about poop!

Nicole Bolinger said...

That is too cute!! And we are all in this together. My FB status update the other day was about by 18 month old poo pooing in the bathtub...AGAIN!!!! ;) haha!