August 20, 2009

Pooped out from the Potty!

So this was the scene of the girls bathroom Tuesday night when I came around the corner…

image

It makes me want to laugh & cry at the same time! Campbell is potty trained-she knows what she is supposed to do and where its supposed to go. She has proven this to us over and over and yet….knowing and wanting are totally separate things.

Last night as we were eating dinner, Campbell told us she needed to go. I went with her because sometimes it just takes a long time and she has no patience so we need to spend time with her, reading books and encouraging her so she doesn’t give up so soon.

I left the table and read books to her for about 10 minutes. Then Matt came into the bathroom and told me he would take over so I could eat dinner. Luckily, SG was content. So after another 10 minutes or so I checked on them. And this is what I found!!

As you could see, Campbell was NOT happy! Just look at that face! Things were thrown around and Matt got as impatient as Campbell so I guess he decided to grab a Sports Illustrated and climb into the bathtub. Maybe I do have 3 kids after all!

2 comments:

The Pughs said...

That is so funny to me. I know it may not be to you. We are struggling with the potty training. Cole almost has no interest what so ever in it. I keep praying he will get it soon. Hope yall are doing well.

Anonymous said...

What a great site! I enjoyed catching up on your lives down in Troy and MUST, MUST, MUST get together and meet those 2 girls very soon! Good to see pics of HC and Papa Q, too! Give them my best! Take care, Bakers!

Walker May