Sara Gray was a whole month old this past Friday, August 21st. Where has the time gone??
My mom and I took her to her 1-mo checkup Friday and she had gained almost 2 lbs from her one week appt! She was 8 lbs 10 oz, 22” long and head was 32 cm. She is definitely a growing and healthy girl. Although she got another CPU (heal stick-yuck!) and a shot, it was still a good appointment.
We talked a lot about the swine flu since I am absolutely paranoid of Sara Gray getting it. Well, really Campbell getting it and then passing it on. I’m not sure there is much that can be done for a little newborn! Campbell actually stayed home from school since she was running some low grade temp and I just can’t risk it. It seems kids are dropping like flies with it and although I am sure we will be exposed eventually, if not already, I am doing what I can to prolong it and then keep Sara Gray away. In fact, Sara Gray & I have spent the night at my parents just to keep the girls as far apart as possible which has been tough for me since both my girls need me. Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who doesn’t give me too many options or time to make emotional decisions. He says “just go!” and I know that is what I need to do.
So yes, the swine flu (H1N1) has been the big headline for Sara Gray’s first month, along with Michael Jackson’s death (and other celebrities all at one time it seems).
Of course, she has already changed so much. I didn’t think she looked anything like Campbell in the hospital but now she does remind me of some of Campbell’s pics from her first month, although I still don’t see any resemblance to Campbell’s looks now.
Here’s the highlights of weeks 2-4:
Cousins! My Aunt Glenda, cousin Carmen and her kids all came to visit the newest addition to the family.
Sara Gray loves taking a bath and her lotion massage.
Matt comes home every day at lunch just to hold her.
She seems to like her vibrating, musical chair…
Leigh Anne showing Sara Gray to the Anna & Sarah—they just love her!!
I am trying to introduce her to a pacifier just so she can suck on something else but so far she’s not really taken to it. Mylicon tracks anyone??
Sisters!



No comments:
Post a Comment