After Matt & Campbell played at the zoo with his parents on Saturday, he was very brave and took Campbell shopping! They braved Target to pick up some things for me, ate some Chick-fil-A and then went SHOE SHOPPING!!
I had mentioned to Matt that it would be great if they could go by the kids shoe shop so they could measure Campbell’s foot and look at some school shoes. Getting ready for the baby and finishing up the house renovation just didn’t leave any time or really thought for getting Campbell ready for back to school. She has tons of clothes and luckily had a backpack she hadn’t used yet and a new lunchbox she had gotten for her birthday (thanks Honey!) but I didn’t really notice how banged up her shoes were until just recently. And I was hesitant to order shoes online because I wasn’t sure what her size was these days.
I was really surprised that Matt actually braved taking Campbell into a shoe store, I figured they would be worn out from the zoo and that he wouldn’t want to chance taking a hot & tired 3 yr old into a store but he braved it. If I had thought he really would go shoe shopping, I probably would have given some more detailed instructions on what kind of shoes I wanted her to have but honestly, I just didn’t think it was going to happen. Not with the man with whom I have to hold several shoe intervention sessions with on an seasonal basis!!
When he got home and I asked him how it went, he just looked at me and said “she is your child”. From his account, Campbell walked in the store and picked up the shoes she liked and said things like “ooh…these are so pretty” and “I like these sparkly ones Daddy”. He said she would pick them up and look at them, turning them around as she is talking about them and then hand them over to him or the sales lady if she decided she wanted them. It sounds like I have a little Carrie Bradshaw on my hands!
By the end of the shopping trip she had picked out 4 pairs but somehow Dad got away with just getting 2. One “normal white” pair and one “crazy looking” pair and he says. The normal ones are traditional t-strap white leather Keds-just good ol’ school shoes. And the other “crazy” ones are the cutest darn things ever!! I couldn’t believe that I would actually love something that those two came home with.
So this is what they look like….
So cute, right?! and SO Campbell-such the Miss Priss that she is!
Then Matt tells me what he paid for those precious Lelli Kellys--$65! WHAT?! Considering he doesn’t quiet share in my enthusiasm when I score a pair of top designer shoes for only $49,99 at TJ Maxx, I could not believe it!
He said that by the time the sales girl rang up the shoes and he found out the price that Campbell already had them on her feet, her old ones packed in the box and she was all but dancing out of the store. Sounds like I could learn some things from her!
Matt swears that she got my “automatically pick out the most expensive thing in the store” gene which if she has I pray for her and her future husband! The reality is that child could care less-all she wants is some glitter and sparkle and is just as happy if they came from Tar-jay. But I am glad she got a pair that is cute but also a good quality shoe that is comfortable and hopefully will last awhile.
I looked them up online to compare prices and it turns out that Matt wasn’t swindled after all-they are pretty expensive shoe. The website describes Lelli Kelly “for your active princess” which is totally my girl!
So she has now worn her new shoes to school every day this week and totally LOVES them, Ah, the power of the perfect pair of shoes—she is learning a little too early, even for me. And I am thinking I might should be scared!



No comments:
Post a Comment