August 5, 2009

Back to School

.Campbell left this morning to start her new year at Mother's Day Out.  She is in Miss Missy’s 3- year old class. We had Open House on Monday night and its amazing how much has changed in a year!  Because Campbell was in school full-time in the Spring and then throughout the summer session, starting school is really not such a big change for her.  Of course, she’ll have some new classmates and a new teacher but is very familiar with her surroundings and was very excited about going back.

I think we have all been ready for school to start back so we could back on schedule and I have been looking forward to more quiet time at home with Sara Gray and starting to work on some things around the house that are on my “maternity leave” list. HA!  So I haven’t been emotional about this.  But of course this morning as I was taking pictures I did get a little teary-eyed.  Probably more of an excuse to get some post-partum hormones out more than anything but I just thought for a second how grown up and mature Campbell has gotten in what seems like a matter of weeks.  While I’ve been preaching about being a “Big Girl” for so long its a little sad that she is a big girl now and looking at a 2 week old in my arms I guess I just realize how fast time really does go by.  And while having her at home was a little distracting and frustrating at times since I am typically not at home and of course having Sara Gray is new for all of us, I have realized that I did enjoy getting some alone play time with her that we are not used to having.   I guess I was also a little partly sad that I wasn’t taking her myself too but I am looking forward to picking her up this afternoon and hearing all about her first day in her new class.

These are pictures from this morning as she was getting ready to leave.  Matt called to report that he had no problems dropping her off and she absolutely had no hesitation! 

image

 All smiles and ready to go.  She still requests “a really pretty dress” to wear and had to go into her closet to find the perfect dress to wear this morning (after I had ALREADY picked out her outfit!).   At least she has good taste.  She pulled out this cute little Lilly Pulitzer and said “Oh mommy, this is wonderful. I can dance in the dress and Miss Amy says ‘you are so cute’.”  Miss Amy was her teacher last year and obviously Campbell cherished her compliments!


image

Showing off her new princess lunchbox that Honey gave her for her birthday. Last year, I had to get everything coordinating and monogrammed.  This year, I didn’t have the time to shop or stress about it so whatever makes her happy! 

image Let’s go Dad! 

image 

 Practically running to the car, she is ready to go and leave me and my camera far behind!

image My 3 yr old BIG GIRL!  Love her so much and already miss her!!

I hope you have a wonderful school year Campbell and I am so proud of you!!  It will be so exciting to see how much more you learn and grow this year. I love you so very much!!

No comments: