This past weekend we celebrated Memorial Day weekend at the lake with my parents. Campbell had not been feeling well and both she & Sara Gray were producing a great deal of eye matter so we left Troy early Friday afternoon so we could drop by the doc’s office for a quick check-up. THREE ear infections and TWO sets of pink eye later…we were on our way. Yes, that’s right! Both girls had ear infection(s) and pink eye but armed with antibiotics and eye drops we figured we could either rest up at home or at the lake. We were half-way there so we figured we’d keep going to the lake!
It turned out to be the perfect weekend to rest and be lazy. We had cloudy weather,some storms and rough waters the entire weekend. Pats & Pops came over for one night but all in all in was a rather quiet weekend. In fact, I didn’t get my camera out that much because there really wasn’t that much action…
Campbell & Papa put up the flag first thing Saturday morning. It’s their little tradition. I tried to teach Campbell the pledge of allegiance but she got distracted. We talked a little bit about the flag and what Memorial Day meant. It’s a big concept for a child I know but my parents are so patriotic I want to make sure our children don’t just discount these holidays as vacation time and really honor our soldiers and appreciate our country.
Coming in from the flag raising. It was so windy…just look at little SG’s hair blowing!
Campbell & I then got on the beach just hoping the sun was going to peek through the clouds but the thunder finally convinced us that was going to happen! After the weather cleared up enough to get back out, Campbell & I chased Matt around on the Sea Doos.
Sunday we went to Church in the Pines. Memorial Day weekend is always the first weekend for the Children’s Harbor church to be held outdoors.
Ready for church. Notice our jackets-it was a pretty cool morning…
On Memorial Day Sunday at the Church in the Pines, we always take a special prayer time for our soldiers and their families and then any veteran’s or descendants are asked to stand. It always gives me a surge of pride to see my Dad stand as a former member of the Army and National Guard and my mom stand representing her father, a WW11 veteran. And then, as the pastor was finishing his message, Campbell standing right there in front of me and the pew, threw up!! I think it was a combination of taking her antibiotic on an empty stomach and then eating some sugary cereal and fruit snacks during the service…poor baby!
Monday we had some visitors---some geese and a few ducks! They were on our beach and we fed them some bread. Campbell got sooo close to them-a little too close for me! I guess those birds are used to people.
Sara Gray & Honey watched from a safe distance!
Monday afternoon while the girls slept I was cleaning up and going through all the leftover clothes from last summer passing down Campbell’s things to Sara Gray and Sara Gray’s things to Mary Jane. After the girls got up we were packing up and mom, Matt & I all happened to be in the nursery watching Sara Gray bounce on the trundle bed…and THEN…she walked! All by herself on the mattress-3 STEPS!! We cheered for her so much she didn’t know what she had done and looked at us like we were so crazy.
Unfortunately, I didn’t have my camera ready for that exact moment but we have her a walker and let her loose and she walked down the hall into the kitchen really fast!
Sara Gray letting loose with the help of a walker. Notice her nose…evidence of a previous step & fall on the porch’s rock floor!
I can’t believe all baby girl is walking now. It was the perfect ending to an otherwise lazy weekend and made for a very memorable Memorial Day!
Let the Summer Fun Begin!!



No comments:
Post a Comment