Let me tell you about my friend Laura. Laura is sooo talented in many ways: cooking, sewing, decorating... you name it. Oh, how I admire her creative and thrifty ways.
Yesterday, we celebrated her daughter (and Campbell's friend) Addie's 4th Birthday. When Addie was born they lived right next door to us and I was preggo with Campbell so of course I had tons of pregnancy and newborn questions and issues that I often would seek Laura & Al's advice on. Lucky for us, Addie is their 3rd child (out of a total of 4!).
As you can imagine, with that many talents and that many kids, Laura has some experience with birthday parties. So when Addie told her mom she wanted a "Ni Hao Kai Lan" party (a relatively new cartoon which features a sweet little Chinese girl), Laura's wheels started spinning and the result was the cutest little Asian creation kids party you've ever seen. When another friend, Wendy Ward, sent me some of her fantastic photographs from the party I knew I needed to share!
Thank you Wendy for sharing your wonderful images and Laura for opening your home and inspiring us!!
The Birthday Girl.
Notice the decor: paper lanterns, orchids, sushi snacks (or rice krispies wrapped with fruit roll up and gummy fish!)
Campbell in her kimono getting her nails done at the Asian beauty shop stop.
The craft: felt fortune cookies.
Making wood bead bracelets (cause you know jewelry is Made in China!)
While the big girls were running around having so much fun, Sara Gray was showing off her new steps.
Candace trying to entice SG to walk with a toy.
SG sported a tiny bow-her first in public. She has really thick & long hair compared to Campbell's at that age. She could already use a little trim to even things out but I am waiting until she turns one. I think she inherited my side swept bang!
Close-up of Sara Gray. This was her first birthday party and actually now that I think about it, Campbell's first birthday party was Addie's first one. How time flies!



1 comment:
Steph! You are so wonderful with words. Will you blog all about my kids lives also? You are too sweet and kind and gracious to me. Thanks. You made my day. Love the graduation speech. You are awesome!
Post a Comment