May 22, 2009

School Pictures

About a month ago, Campbell came home with a flyer in her lunchbox about school pictures.  I needed to pick a photo package, send in the money and have Campbell ready to have her picture made on the date set.

I made a mental note that I needed to do that and put the flyer in my “to do” basket on the kitchen desk.

Do you know what that basket looks like??

Anyway, fast forward until a few weeks ago and Matt picked up Campbell from school. When I got home he said “Campbell keeps telling me she had her picture made at school today. Do you know what she’s talking about?”

OMG.  My mouth literally dropped open, hands to cheeks, tears to eyes.  I can NOT believe I forgot to have my child’s first year at school pictures made.  Most Horrible Mother of the Year Award here I come.

I quizzed the poor child.  Did she in fact have her picture made or just everyone else?  Was she sitting next to someone or did she get to sit by herself?  Did someone brush her hair?   My brain started backtracking to what I had dressed her in that morning.  A dress (which is nothing new for our little girl that wants to wear “a pretty dress” every morning!) which was good but not the outfit I would have selected had I been thinking.  Oh NO!

I called Candace who is one of my best friends (thankfully!) but also the photographer. I left her a panicked message rambling on about a make up day or me at least getting a copy of her class photo and possibly staging an individual picture at a later date. 

Well, my sweet friend knows me too well!!  The next day she called me back and said that she just figured that I had forgotten and went ahead and took Campbell’s picture, assuming I would want it and could pay for it later. HALLELULJAH!

I still wasn’t sure what it was going to look like but at least I was going to have a photo.

And then yesterday, Campbell came home with this….

image

Can you believe it?? The dress (that I would not have chosen) could not have matched the outdoor setting more perfectly!  The hair bow magically was still intact and she even smiled.  And I was off the hook as failing motherhood (at least for this one incident, there will be more to come I know .

THANK YOU CANDACE!! You are the best and  definitely saved me from a lifetime of guilt and explanation.

For more info on Candace and the studio she works for visit www.kimboxphotography.com

 image

PS: I scanned these in so the resolution isn’t the best.  Am I in copyright trouble Candace?? :)

No comments: