May 29, 2009

Last Day of the First Year in School

Today was Campbell's last day of pre-school at Mother's Day Out. I can't believe it!! We started the year not really sure what to expect, not really sure if this was too much for us to handle or how we would adapt. (see earlier post!)

God blessed us with great teachers, a great class & a wonderful child who developed into a great little student. Thanks to Miss Betty, Mr BJ. Miss Amy, Miss Rachel, Miss Erica & Miss Mary and all the other helpers who made our first year of school a great one!!

imageFIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, AUGUST 2008

image LAST DAY OF SCHOOL, MAY 2009

**Note that Campbell is wearing the same dress style but in a different color.  Well, yes she does have a very expansive wardrobe to choose from. However, every morning she tells us she wants to wear “a really pretty dress”.  It is a war to get the girl in anything else!  I know I shouldn’t complain-most people have the opposite problem where their girls hate dresses. Not this princess!  Thank goodness for these cute little cotton dresses that I get monogrammed and can wash so easily.  The brown one is a size larger than the pink.  And I think so is that smile!!

 

Some of the things Campbell learned this year:
not to brag but just for us to remember

-Counting from 1-20 (she started 1-10) and Counting backwards from 5.

-Her shapes & finding them in her world not just on paper

-An extended identity of animals and colors

-Songs!  Favorites include: “I’m in the Lord’s Army (yessir!)”, “Baa Baa Black Sheep”, “Row Row Row your Boat”, “Farmer in the Dell”,

-To sit all by herself  in a chair, at the table to eat lunch or color

-To go to the potty!!! YEAH!!!

-Sharing

-The “Rules”: no biting, no kicking, no scratching, no spitting, no pushing, no pulling.

-Going to Miss Betty’s is not fun when you don’t follow the rules. (yes, she made a few trips to the Director’s office this year!)

-Some people may want to call her Campbell Soup. But her name is CAMPBELL BAKER!

- A scheduled nap time. “Miss Verna says, ‘OK kids, time to take a nap. No talking'.'”

-Napkins or tissues really help when we feel like crying but need to act like a big girl.

1 comment:

The Farmers said...

Steph - she is so adorable and growing fast! I love reading about her!! Miss you guys!