May 26, 2009

I'm Back...seriously?!

Okay friends, prepared to be shocked! Yes, it has been 10 months since my last entry (my mother reminds me often now thanks to the little last update clock) and yes, I am totally mad at myself for not being better at blogging on schedule and sharing with all my friends and family the happenings of the Baker household but no time for regrets, right. Today is a new day. Today, I am back!

Now, let me assure you that in the last 10 months its not like there hasn't been any happenings to report. The reality is well, there has been so much going on that I was doing my best to keep up with my own life nevermind a blog.

My friend Laura likes to often quote an older acquantaince about this sorta thing. When asked by her daughter why they didn't have albums of family vacations and boxes of photos from her childhood like other families, the mom simply replied "Honey, we were too busy livin' life to document it." Or something like that. Its been paraphrased on numerous occassions.

So to my daughters* I say... We've been too busy living life!! But nevertheless its a wonderful life and worthwhile my time to record as much as I can for you.

So, here's the plan. I am going to back-blog through to play catch up. So you'll see new blogs but they will be post dated so that when I get through everything will still read on calendar. In the meantime, I'll also be posting new blogs as we continue to live life so that eventually the entries can meet in the middle and I can start afresh.

So join me on a whirlwind of playing catch up...


*yes, did you catch that?? read on for details...

post signature

4 comments:

The Pughs said...

Glad you are back. I am terrible at doing the boys "baby books" so and not great at this but I keep telling myself if I don't document it somewhere I won't ever remember it.

Katie said...

hey! i didn't know you even had a blog... yay!!! we do too. how are you????

The Farmers said...

Hey! Glad your back! I miss you!
Love, Hollie

The Reeves Family said...

So glad you are back! I always love reading your blog. You are such a good writer!! I am so excited!!