June 16, 2008

Time Flies...


Where has the time gone?? Its June now and I look at my baby girl and realize that she is a baby no more! Its amazing how many new words and silly little things she has picked up. Our days are filled with "what's this say?" and "what's that do?" "let's say our ..." just provoking her to make animal sounds or dance a little jig or count or say her ABCs.
It has become even more apparent to me how fast she can learn and how quickly she soaks up any little things she is exposed to. My role as a parent is quickly evolving from simply meeting her physical needs (diapers, food, etc.) to meeting her intellectual and even spiritual needs. I don't think I have ever heard anything as sweet as when she has her hands together in prayer softly echoing the names of our family and friends that we count in our blessings, ending with a "Ahmen" or sometimes "a night God."
I can't believe her 2nd birthday is quickly approaching and still I ask myself "am I ready for this?" am I really responsible enough?". Possibly I will never stop asking those questions.


Since I failed to find the time to upload pics and blog last month I will do my best in make up blogs...




post signature

1 comment:

Kristy Drinkwater said...

Steph,

I am so glad you are back from blogger strike. I have missed reading about your adventures and your thoughts on the activites. Even though I live just around the corner, literally, I still love catching up with the Bakers via blog. Just something fun about it!

Kit