Thursday rolls around and Matt and Campbell show up at work to pick me up. I had been briefed early that morning to be ready at 5pm-any wardrobe changes, teeth brushing, hair & makeup, etc. would have to be done at my office. Coming home would not be an option. Hmmm...
cupcake dress on and is so confused. So was I! Maybe it wasn't date night after all... 

We get started at the local Mexican restaurant Monarca's for a glamorous night on the town.
(note Waffle House in background-love some Troy, Alabama!! )
Now if you have seen Sex in the City, you know Mexico and margaritas play an important role in the movie. Hwy 231 may not exactly be below the border but what can't be solved over some margaritas and good girl gossip?! And our conversations rivaled Carrie & the girls' brunches!
Matt had put together a booklet on "30 years of Stephanie" which included key moments since 1978 and lists of top songs, movies, toys, news events & fashion picks from back in the day. Lots of laughs reminiscing...who remembers Popples and Jellies?
After dinner it was on to a red carpet arrival at the CC5! Which is the premiere theatre here in Troy.
As you can see, we were mauled by the paparazzi so we had to strike our best pose!(From L-R: Kristy, Jessica, Laura, Steph & Candace). Look for our fashion pics in next week's US Weekly...

Then someone says "Laura-you weren't smiling in that picture." To which Laura immediately
replies, "I know, that's my Posh face!" I think we laughed for 10 minutes straight!!
So then we go into the movie and
laughed together even more! It was an amazing way to celebrate my coming into adulthood (officially) and still hanging on to good friends, good times & lots of good memories.
And to my sweet husband who arranged all of this behind my back and for whom loves me so much and knows that while I love spending time with him and sweet Campbell, a "Steph in the City" night with my girlfriends was just what I needed!!
I am so incredibly blessed to have such good friends and a wonderful husband that goes to so much trouble to make my day special. Maybe I'll turn 30 again next year if I can get treatment like this!




5 comments:
What a fun night we had!!!!
Steph, we are still wishing you the happiest 30th Birthday eva'! Monarcas will never be the same.
Love you tons, my friend.
Kit
Happy Birthday! It looks like ya'll had a blast. We've missed you in Sunday School but I know your having a great time with the family!
The birthday party looked to be lots of fun. Glad you had a memorable evening! I'm proud of Matt for getting things coordinated. Happy 30th!
I really like your blog - look forward to keeping up with the Bakers!
Happy Birthday, thanks for adding us to your friends list!
Hey Steph! Your birthday night out sounded so fun! You look beautiful!
Post a Comment