July 17, 2010

Interview with a 3.9999 year old…

On the eve of Campbell’s birthday, I decided to interview her about life as a 3 year old and expectations of being 4.  The interview didn’t quiet go as I would have liked but nevertheless it’s a true reflection of her personality and what our conversations are like sometimes…

 

Mom: What is tomorrow? 

Campbell: Tuesday. Saturday. Wednesday. (note: It will be Sunday)

M: No, I mean what special day is tomorrow?

C: My birthday!

M: How old are you going to be?

C: Four.

M: What are you to do to celebrate your birthday? 

C: Get some cake and ice cream and m&ms and candy for my friends.

M: Are there any special gifts you are hoping for? 

C: A purple pony, golf clubs and golf balls. That’s what my Dad said.

M: Do you remember any of the gifts you got from your last birthday?

C:  No, I don’t remember.

M: What was your favorite thing about being three? 

C: Going swimming and hiding in my room.

M: Where was your favorite place you visited this past year?

C: McDonalds.

M: Was there anything you got to learn this year that were excited about.

C: No.  That’s all. I don’t have to do anymore. I’m sorry. I don’t know what to do.

M: Campbell…this will be fun. Please.

C: Sorry too late, can’t help.

M: I think I’m giving you a big birthday party so you can take a few more minutes and answer some questions. 

C: Ok. I don’t want to get in a chair. 

M: That’s fine. Back to the questions…so, what do you think being four is going to be like? 

C: Um, being fun.

M: Anything you are looking forward to doing that only four year olds can do?

C:  Yes, your Highness.

M: Like what?

C: I don’t know Your Highness.

M: Stop calling me that. 

C: Why stop calling you a highness Your Highness?

Interview temporarily stopped.

M: What are some things you want to learn this year?

C:  My letters. I know them but I still want to learn them.

M: Where are some places you would like to go this year?

C:  To big school.

M: Do you know the name of your new school?

C: Purple Lite…wait, i don’t know to remember. Pike Liberal Ark. (note: Pike Liberal Arts)

M: How big do you think you’ll grow this year?

C: Just like you. Mom-that’s all my answers. My mouth is tired now.  You got that now?  You got that?  Okay.

###

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! What a diva!

The Reeves Family said...

Priceless!! What a great idea! My favorite question...

M: Where was your favorite place you visited this past year?

C: McDonalds.

You need to get her out more often!! LOL!!!

Happy Birthday Sweet Campbell!

The Pughs said...

this made me laugh! so cute