June 23, 2009

31

 

Today is my 31st Birthday. I have not anticipated much ado this year since last year’s 30th was such a big blow-out with lots of special attention and also being pregnant is the biggest thing to celebrate this year anyway.

However, I have too many loving people in my life that won’t let the day (or a reason to party) escape without some celebration.

Since we are at the stage of refinishing the hardwood floor in the nursery, Campbell and I have moved out for a few days back to my parents house so that we weren’t exposed to the harsh smells.  I would have never guessed I would wake up on my 31st birthday in my old bed at my parents house! 

Matt came over early this morning to eat a birthday breakfast and give me my gifts.  He got me a Mia Bossi diaper bag!  Since I’m having a second child and another girl there isn’t much that I need or want but ever since I ran across this bag I’ve been crushing on it!!  I knew that I didn’t really need it and there was much more necessary things to spend money on so I didn’t even mention it.  But my sweet (and nosey!) husband did a little history search on our home computer to see if there was some things that I had been looking at online that might give him a hint at what to give me.  What a wonderful surprise!

lg_maria_red

 image

 

The cool thing about this bag is I can get an insert for my laptop so when I get back to traveling for work I can still use it.  It will be perfect on the plane or whenever I need to carry lots of files!!

I love that it just looks like a huge oversize purse and not like the typical diaper bag. The cool thing about this bag is I can get an insert for my laptop so when I get back to traveling for work I can still use it.  It will be perfect on the plane or whenever I need to carry lots of files.  Love being organized & in style at the same time!

The office celebrated my birthday with a DQ ice cream cake which was so yummy.  When Martha called to order the cake the employee asked if it was for a little girl or little boy and Martha said “neither-she is actually having a baby in a few weeks herself!”.  When Martha went to pick up the cake they had decorated it with a cute preggo girl—how perfect?!image

 

In spite of me trying to downplay the day, I got lots of phone calls, emails, voicemails, texts & cards from well wishers. 

Thank you to my wonderful family & friends for remembering me! I sure to have a lot to be thankful for in my 31 years!!

No comments: