September 17, 2008

Where a Kid can be a Kid!

To bid farewell to our summer, I took off work early and Matt & I took Campbell to Montgomery to Chuck E. Cheese.  She had never been before and I think we were all the mindset of playing hooky & doing something really silly together before it was back to serious work and school mode.

When I was little, the same place was called Showbiz Pizza and they had a stage with automated characters that would put on a concert in the dining hall.  I loved it!  And then of course they had the arcade portion where you would win tix for some cheapo but nevertheless prized toys.

So when we arrived I quickly assessed that the name had changed, a mouse instead of a grizzly bear was the star of the show  but not much else had.  And that is not really a good thing.  Same characters bobbing up and down but in different costumes with their old tired hinged mouths creaking a second behind the sound system blaring subliminal messages about making your parents buy some yucky pizza and spend too much money on tokens for skee ball.  Not to even mention it looked (and smelled) like the same booths and carpet.

But hey, we were there for an experience so I pulled out the hand sanitizer, Matt ordered up some overpriced frozen pizza and we loaded Campbell down with some tokens.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

No comments: